"Learn Coding with Robots" teaches attendees how to use colored lines and simple drag and drop coding to control a cubic inch sized robot named Ozobot.
- 47% of all jobs will be automated by 2034
- Skilled Programmers will be in high demand!
- "Learn Coding with Robots" empowers youth to create adventures, play games, solve problems, all while learning to code and learning the basics of computer science.
- Students must be in grades K-8
- Limit: ONE workshop per student
- Parent/Guardian must register
- Parent/Guardian/Sibling must attend event
- RSVP through Eventbrite. (Once registration is completed you will be prompted to choose date and RSVP through Eventbrite)
There is *no cost for workshop or Ozobot robot
*This workshop is sponsored and paid for by
Community Foundation of Northern Illinois Community Grants Program.
See details below
- Introduction to Coding and Computer Science
- Ozobot Basics
- Group Games with Ozobot
- Wrapping Up!
All workshops are on Saturdays
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
Woodward Technology Center - Mac Lab
Rock Valley College
3301 North Mulford Road
Rockford, IL 61114
25 years experience teaching programming
Rock Valley College
StartLine Following Robots (Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV))
StartControl Ozobot with Ozocodes (colored lines & code circles)
StartExercise: Basic Line Following
StartExercise: Line Following
StartExercise: Basic Training
StartExercise: Create Line Following Of Your Own
Frequently Asked Questions
* Learn Coding with Robots is supported by a $30,000 grant from the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois Community Grants Program with support from the Barber-Colman Management Fund. The mission of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois is to serve as a catalyst for giving in order to attract, preserve, and grow an endowment for the current and future needs of the people of Northern Illinois. Since its founding in 1953 CFNIL has granted more than $71 million for charitable purposes. Learn more about CFNILs grantmaking and commitment to endowment at www.cfnil.org.